According to the data from the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing brings the highest return on investment (ROI) among marketing channels – a 4300 percent return on investment (ROI). To be clear it is $43 for every $1 spent. This is because email marketing services are easy to manage and it allows you to turn your leads into loyal customers.
There are around 450+ email marketing tools to choose from and all of them have different features and prices. All of them have their own advantages and you may choose the one that will suites your needs in the best way.
In case, you are a sales-oriented person and you need to take care of email deliverability, then Constant Contact will be an excellent choice. If you need a welcome email for your blog readers, then better to choose ConvertKit.
If you are looking for the email marketing tool to create product-focused emails or selling products online and you need to use a heavy image to perform in the best way, Benchmark would be a strong pick.
What is important things in Email Marketing Tool?
A beneficial email marketing service should allow you to create highly engaging email newsletters with a simple UI (in a perfect world simplified editorial manager).
Aside from that, a reliable email service provider ensures that your email campaigns do not end up in the spam folder.
You should be able to easily send mass messages that are really customized and focused without a ton of work. This is also known as marketing automation.
If you need to turn your leads into customers and make your business more profitable, you need to choose email marketing software that’s easy to use.
In this guide, you can find the best email marketing service providers that I have researched to help you pick the best one for your needs, and save time and the most money.
What is the Best Email Marketing Software?
To choose from the best email marketing software, automation, reliability, research price, technical support, ease of use, template designs, deliverability, integrations, and any other features you need.
The best email marketing software should allow you to segment your list, design emails easily, view analytics reports, and personalize your messaging. What’s more they should most importantly hit users’ primary inboxes.
Here is the list of the best email marketing software and services to try this year:
1. Costant Contact
Constant Contact has been in the email marketing area since 1995, taking the brand name Constant Contact back in 2004. In 2015, they started to be a part of Endurance International Group, a giant that other companies which include Bluehost, HostGator, and Domain.com.
Their main goal is to assist small businesses understand power, promise and potential of the internet.
They have 100+ modern, mobile-optimized templates for customer engagement and conversion, real-time reporting and analytics, also they have added bonus features like forms, events, and coupons.
One of their most unique features is an event management and the ability to manage invitations, registrations, and tickets.
Email deliverability is above average and one of the highest among email service supplies at over 90%.
Constant Contact pricing is tiered based on the quantity of email contacts within your list. Their paid plans start at $20/month for up to 500 contacts.
Their drip campaigns are simple to use, user-friendly and intuitive. You can create basic sequences, but can’t blend conditions or use advanced filtering.
Ultimately, if you’re searching for niche features such as event management and in addition want excellent email deliverability, Constant Contact is the choice to suit your needs.
To be the most objective let’s discover the most common Pros and Cons from users of ConstantContact:
- Constant Contact’s email-creation UI is simple and powerful. This helps with creating new emails and newsletters fast for even non-technical users. The user has many options in order to customize the email with links, images, buttons, and more.
- User-friendly – It’s very simple to use both in drafting and sending the emails and accessing and comprehending the back-end summary tools.
- Good analytics – Discovering who has opened the particular emails and clicked exactly what links are invaluable for helping target our follow-up marketing.
- Contact management – Weeding out invalid email addresses as people leave firms have cleaned up our contact list thoroughly
- The UI of the Contact page is also not great. There is a confusion between lists and tags, and the data fields are not organized well.
- The reporting features, while useful, absence customizability. More than surface-level data analysis needs to be done along with an import into Excel.
ActiveCampaign has some of the most potent automation with a built-in CRM, and limitless list customization.
Automating your list segments is a new breeze, and you may build checklist triggers and move customers based on dynamic email content, sales follow-ups, and so on.
Email workflows are usually robust and easy to manage. All this data syncs with their inbuilt CRM to provide sales teams with advanced lead rating functionality.
Their lead rating system is flexible and solid. If you’re not really familiar with lead rating, it’s a way to take into account points to individual email subscribers using the actions of your choosing. Then when they hit a point threshold, they either get into a brand new automation funnel or even can be contacted by your sales team.
Steps are listed below:
First, you choose your engagement metrics. These mighty be anything from an email open or click, all the way in order to a content download or perhaps consultation request.
Next, you need to add your lead rating rules and points dependent on these conditions. These should be set based on the level associated with effort and propensity to convert.
Maybe an email open up is worth two points, along with a link click is worth five points. Or perhaps actions like non-opens or unsubscribes are worth negative points. When a subscriber reaches a pre-determined point threshold, subscriber data flows to the Deals CRM where they enter a new phase of automation:
It’s an excellent system that large businesses use to nurture email leads in the most personalized way possible. These types of features unlock with ActiveCampaign’s Plus Plan at $49/month, which is the most popular option.
Their particular paid plans start from $9/month, and they provide a 14-day free trial. This specific plan offers you up to 3 users, up to 500 subscribers, and the capability to send unlimited emails. There is also advanced reporting tools, with geo-tracking, click maps, website users, sign-up forms, and even more valuable data.
Another solid selling point is email deliverability, ranking higher compared to all other platforms upon this list. Their email sends are the very least likely to be marked as spam and possess the best chance associated with hitting primary inboxes on Outlook and Gmail.
Overall, ActiveCampaign is the best tool if you’re looking for an advanced CRM, lead scoring, and great deliverability rates.
I suggest you get started for free of cost to look at their dashboard and features. Then if you’re most likely ready, unlock either their Lite Plan ($9/mo) or Plus Plan ($49/mo) dependent on the size associated with your email list. If you pay for the year forward you can save up to 40%.
One of the most popular Email Marketing Company
Mailchimp comes with an easy drag-and-drop email builder, autoresponders, segmenting contacts into groups, and simple tracking for analytics. It also allows you to setup delivery times based on user’s timezones, and you can setup segmenting based on geolocation.
You can easily integrate MailChimp with WordPress, Magento, Shopify, and many other platforms.
When it comes to marketing automation features, Mailchimp platform is quite limited when compared to other providers in our list such as Drip or ConvertKit.
Mailchimp comes with an simple drag-and-drop email builder, autoresponders, segmenting contacts into groupings, and simple tracking for analytics. It allows you to setup delivery times depending on user’s timezones, and you can setup segmenting depending on geolocation.
It is simple to integrate MailChimp with WordPress, Shopify, Magento, and many other platforms.
It talk about marketing automation features, Mailchimp system is quite limited if comparing to other email service providers in my list such as ActiveCampaign or ConvertKit.
Their free plan offers users a user-friendly interface and up to 2,000 subscribers and 10,000 email sends monthly – more than enough if you’re a small business.
Their free plan includes autoresponders, transactional emails, analytics, in addition to lots of third-party integrations. There’s a free Mailchimp application too for iPhone and Android.
If you go over the threshold of 2,000, you join their 2,000+ plan at $9.99/month. They charge based on the size of your email list, also there will be added lots of useful features in the paid plan, like A/B testing, 24/7 custom support, etc.
Overall, with over 17 million users as of several years ago, MailChimp may be the most well known free email marketing service on the marketplace.
If the needs of your business or your personal needs are basic and you want one of the more basic options, give MailChimp a try.
HubSpot is a quite popular tool mostly for small businesses. It helps businessmen to attract new customers and convert leads. There are a lot of services HubSpot offers to its users:
- Making new emails
- Navigating through all the messages that were received, sent, deleted, and drafted
- Applying filter by company or email type
- Searching for particular emails
- Exporting information from your emails
- Viewing recently written, edited, and sent emails
- Accessing more tools quickly
With this email marketing tool, you can easily create branded emails with no experience in coding. You can select from a variety of templates or even to create your own template without problems.
HubSpot offers to its users three various types of workflow:
- Start from scratch
- Center on a date
- Center on a date property
You can choose the type following your business’ needs. With HubSpot, you can send emails to your contacts on their birthdays or holidays. You can also send reminder emails to inform your clients about any upcoming events, or send useful emails with some tips to help. It’s easy to automate this process with a good email marketing tool.
As for price, HubSpot offers four various packages:
- Beginner – $50/month
- Basic – $200/month
- Pro – $800/month
- Enterprise – $2,400/month
If you are still hesitating which plan to select, you can try out a free version of HubSpot to understand if this tool covers your needs and meets your requirements.
Drip is a popular email marketing platform for business. It delivers wonderful tools for automation and segmenting to improve your business.
Here are the main functions of Drip:
- Making personalized emails
- Tag various users in different categories
- Track emails and funnels
- Make customized points system following users’ actions
- Send alerts and feed content to clients following their actions
- Tracking dashboard
- Emails funnels to gamify users’ experience
Here are reasons why your company may need Drip:
- High level traffic
- Many types of people with different segments of traffic
- Goals to use new marketing techniques
Keep in your mind that if you need a simple tool to send out emails or if you have only a few hundred visitors per month, you won’t get all the functions and features of Drip.
With Drip, you can make and send various emails using templates and also create emails triggered by actions. You can try Drip for free with its special 14-days plan to see if this tool covers your needs. It’s easy to grab a demo to discover all the features of this marketing platform. The price depends on the quantity of people in your account. For example, you can pay $19 per month and send unlimited emails if you have 100 people in your account. The maximal price is $1599,00 per month to send 1,680,000 emails if you have 140,000 people. We have to say Drip has not the highest as well as not the lowest price compared to other platforms.
Rejoiner is an easy to use the platform to create, organize, and send emails to your company’s clients. You can increase your business productivity by advertising distributed in emails. Needless to say, it helps to save your time and do everything automatically instead of manually. The platform has an easy and understandable interface to work with.
You can use Rejoiner to create and send triggered and automated emails to the needed person at the needed time. It’s simple to insert product content into your emails to personalize inbox experience.
Here are some things you can do with Rejoiner:
- Segment your current customers depending on their purchases, browser history, or transactions
- Recover lost sales
- Create post-purchase campaigns to increase sales
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Discover and improve campaign performance
Let’s discover the main features of this email platform:
- Cart abandoned software. If a client has added a product to the cart but then didn’t buy it, the system will send an automatic email to inform this person about their abandoned cart.
- Triggered email marketing. You can create and send email campaigns to any client at the needed time to increase sales.
- Segmentation. With Rejoiner, you can divide your clients following their browser history, demographic, previous purchases, etc.
- Email marketing metrics. Use reports and analytics in Rejoiner to monitor and increase your email campaign performance.
Autopilot is an email marketing software that can be very helpful in making email campaigns and managing lead conversions. This product includes multi-channel capabilities, like email, in-app, online, SMS, and traditional mail. Thanks to its drag-and-drop interface, users can automate workflows and send various personalized emails, thank you messages, and also SMS messages. With Autopilot, you can view the user activity in real time and monitor your email campaign. You can integrate Autopilot with other apps like InsideView, GoodData, Salesforce, Zapier, etc.
Here are the main functions of this email marketing platform:
- Create content (postcards, emails, SMS) with drag-and-drop templates
- Promote and distribute your products using emails and SMS
- Use support options that include a knowledge base, email support, community forums, and an onboarding assistance
- Sync your system with other platforms
And read about the four features of an Autopilot:
- Marketing automation. Thanks to the convenient workflow, users can determine the action on each stage of their journey.
- Activity streams. You can stream activity of customers from Autopilot to any analytics app to analyze it in real-time.
- Multi-channel journey setup. Send various postcards, SMS, and emails to users at the needed time.
- Performance tracking. It’s easy to track journey performance with Autopilot. Users are provided with email reports to offer insights into time trends and deliverability rates.
The price depends on the number of the contacts. The software offers a per-month subscription and it’s possible to choose from two plans – Business and Base.
iContact is a marketing software to take your business into a new level. Below, you can read about its main functions:
- Drag-and-drop editing. Thanks to the simple and intuitive interface of the program, you can create your messages and emails quickly without wasting your precious time.
- List management. iContact offers a list of the tools you need to manage and an email list.
- Personal coaching. Discover videos, reviews, and attend webinars to make sure you have learned all the needed functions and features of iContact.
- Technical support. When you have got a question, call our professional team that is ready to help.
- Autoresponders. You can create and schedule automated emails to send to particular customers at the needed time.
- Spam check. Every email you have sent will be reviewed to make sure it reaches clients’ inboxes.
- Reports. You can easily track the results of your campaign to improve your company’s productivity.
- Social media. It’s quite simple to create email campaigns and send messages on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Technical support group. Ask any questions to our qualified technicians who can solve your problems without wasting your time.
You can select from two plans – Pro and Base but the total price per month depends on the quantity of people in your contacts. If you’re not sure that iContact will suit your needs, you can try a free trial version for a month. Please be informed that the free trial has its limits: you need to have no more than 100 subscribers and send only 400 messages.
Please note: This list is not finished yet, I will be adding here new email marketing providers to make the most complete and objective list for your use.