Are you a podcaster who is searching for a good hosting to start? We recommend selecting the Buzzsprout podcast that already helped many newbies get started. Read a detailed Buzzsprout review and see the comparison with some other alternatives.
Buzzsprout has worked since 2009, and we assure you that thousands of people use it successfully even if they never had any experience with podcasts. It has a quite easy interface, acceptable prices, and is being updated constantly with new features. In this article, we have gathered the most important information from Buzzsprout reviews and added some details about this podcast hosting, including comparison with its alternatives: Libsyn VS Buzzsprout, Simplecast VS Buzzsprout, and Podbean VS Buzzsprout.
The Main Features of Buzzsprout
Let’s start our Buzzsprout review by providing its main features:
- In Buzzsprout, you can get everything to start your podcast successfully. It’s simple to host and distribute it easily without problems and additional skills.
- The dashboard looks perfect. Even a newbie can understand everything very fast.
- If you’re confused about something, it’s easy to get helpful tips and instructions to solve your problem.
- Every user is provided with a place for hosting their files and RSS feed on Buzzsprout to submit files to other directories and also to Apple Podcasts.
Are you in doubt if you have to choose this platform? Keep reading to receive more useful information. In this article, you will find the pricing plan and compare it with others as well as to understand how to add email to RSS feed on Buzzsprout.
Buzzsprout pricing is very clear, fair, and simple. Some other platforms count their prices by the amount of storage when Buzzsprout is oriented on the number of hours for uploading. Let’s analyze its prices and various plans:
- Free option. Select this option, and you will be able to upload 2 hrs monthly. This is the simplest option for those people who just try to understand if they want to continue working with this platform.
- $12 /month option. Select this plan, and you will be able to upload 3 hrs per month. If you want to upload more , then the price is $4 /hour. A user receives unlimited storage + members, and the ability to import their podcast without any fees.
- $18 /month option. Select this plan, and you will be able to upload 6 hrs per month. If you want to upload more , then the price is $3 /hour. A user receives unlimited storage + members, and the ability to import their podcast without any fees.
- $24 /month option. Select this plan, and you will be able to upload 12 hrs per month. If you want to upload more , then the price is $2 /hour. A user receives unlimited storage + members, and the ability to import their podcast without any fees.
Buzzsprout provides you with a 90-day trial version that includes 2 hours of uploads. This is a great option for those users who want to see how this platform works and if it is worth to buy it.
How to Add Email to RSS Feed on Buzzsprout
If you need to add or update your email address to your podcast’s RSS feed, follow this simple instruction:
- Go to the Podcast Settings menu.
- Type your email address in the field.
- Don’t forget to save the information by clicking the button.
That’s all! Everything is easy and very fast, even if it’s your first experience with Buzzsprout.
What Are Overage Hours in Buzzsprout?
With any Buzzsprout plan, you can get an hourly allowance to upload new content to your podcast each month. Overage hours allow you to upload more content than in your regular monthly plan. You need to pay $2 – $4 depending on which plan of overage hours you choose. You can see the prices below:
- 3 hrs – $4 /hour.
- 6 hrs – $3 /hour.
- 12 hrs – $2 /hour.
Podbean VS Buzzsprout
Podbean also gives every user a site with hosting to upload their content easily. Here you can view and compare the prices for this platform:
- Free plan. A user receives 5 hrs of storage, basic statistics, basic themes, and 100GB bandwidth.
- $9 monthly. A user receives unlimited storage (only for audio files) and bandwidth.
- $29 monthly. A user receives unlimited storage for both audio and video.
- Business option. A user pays $99 monthly and gets various business-level features. This option is recommended for only high-professional podcasters.
Buzzsprout VS Libsyn
Let’s compare Buzzsprout VS Libsyn to see the difference between them. As for Libsyn, it has various prices for different options. You can select the cheapest option and pay only $5 monthly but it will give you only 50MB of storage that isn’t enough for most users.
Here are the Libsyn’s other plans:
- $15 monthly gives you 250MB of storage
- $20 per month gives you 400MB
- $40 per month gives you 800MB
- $75 per month gives you 1500MB
Please be informed that you need to select the plan of $20 or higher if you wish to receive advanced statistics.
Simplecast VS Buzzsprout
As for Simplecast, it provides users with 3 various options for independent podcasters and 2 options for businesses:
- Basic option. It costs $15 monthly and includes unlimited uploads + storage, basic analytics, custom domain, 20K downloads monthly, support via email, and a secure site.
- Essential option. A user pays $35 monthly and receives unlimited uploads + storage, location analytics, 2 web players, 50K downloads monthly, support via email, and a secure site.
- Growth plan. A user pays $35 monthly and receives unlimited uploads + storage, detailed location analytics, network analytics, 120K downloads monthly, support via email, and a secure site.
- Professional and Enterprise plans. These are two options for businesses with more business-level features for skilled professionals.
We recommend Buzzsprout as a simple and fair-pricing platform. Even beginners can start using it for free to understand if they need something more serious. According to the latest Buzzsprout reviews, it is popular among new and experienced users due to its fair prices, quality support, and many useful features.